Hair care upon receipt of hair
Always inspect the hair before installing the hair. Leave the bundle intact. If there are any issues with the hair you should notice at this time.
Prior to the installation of your hair extensions, for extra protection of your weft, we recommend you seal your weft! It will eliminate shedding and add longevity to your investment.
Next, you want to co-wash the hair (This is highly recommended for ALL 100% Raw Virgin Hair.)
Raw Virgin Hair Care Instructions
Unique Beauty Luxe Tips for Hair care:
We offer 100% Unprocessed Raw Virgin Hair. Prior to installing this hair, it must be co-washed. Please only use nonalcoholic moisturizing conditioner for washing the hair. This will change the hair from its raw condition to the amazing hair that you can use to install. Here we show you the tips on how to do it:
- Wash the hair using conditioner
- Use cold water to rinse thoroughly
- Gently squeeze the hair to restructure curl waves
- Air dry the hair
- Install the hair
- When going to bed, wear a bonnet or use a silk scarf to protect your hair
If proper care is given to the hair, it is guaranteed to last about four or five years.
Maintenance for All Textures
Co-wash at least once a week.
- Do NOT massage.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Apply conditioner and comb through with a wide tooth comb, starting with the ends working your way up you scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Let air dry.
- Use styling products minimally to avoid build up.
- For Wavy & Curly hair use a spray bottle of water for natural look
- For a “WET” look, we suggest a leave in conditioner & water
- AVOID ALCOHOL BASED PRODUCTS TO AVOID DRYING OUT YOUR INVESTMENT!
- Dampen hair with a water bottle
- Comb through (wide tooth comb) beginning at the ends and working your way up to your scalp.
- Scrunch up hair gently to reform curls.
- Let hair air-dry.
- Style as desired.
Hair length Guide:
HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON THE RIGHT EXTENSIONS FOR YOU?
How Can I Determine Which Hair Length is Right for Me?
Ask us! Unique Beauty Luxe specialists are experts at helping clients decide the length and type of extensions that will work best for them. We’ll take into account your personal preference, hair type, and lifestyle and provide you with the best extensions option for you.
If you are ordering a curly wig, the hair length can be drawn up approximately 2-3″ from the curl depending on how tight it is. For waves, it can draw up approximately 1-2″. Therefore, you may wish to order a little longer for curly or wavy textures to accommodate the drawing up of the hair and to achieve the full length desired.
The length of our Raw Virgin Hair extensions depends on the texture you choose. Our straight naturally is longer because it lays completely flat when it’s measured. We measure the length of our curly hair when it is straight because it has more volume for the same weight. The length of our wavy hair lies in-between that of the straight and curly.
Indian Hair Extension Length Tips
- When choosing hair please keep in mind that Virgin Single Drawn hair is left completely natural at the ends, there will be variation. It may be a good idea to select a slightly longer length because some trimming may be needed.
- Straight Virgin hair is true to its length, wavy hair is usually 1.5″ shorter (un-straightened), Curly hair is usually 1.5″ shorter than Wavy hair.
- We often suggest customers to purchase hair 2″ longer if they desire a Curly hair look.
- It’s very important to choose a length which you will be happy with. A very long length can be hard to maintain if you are new to hair extensions
We usually stock hair up to 26″, but you can custom order up to 32″